It is currently Sat 10 Oct 2026 11:49 pm

All times are UTC


Forum rules


Please click here to view the forum rules



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 42 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Author Message
PostPosted: Fri 29 Mar 2013 4:39 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun 28 Aug 2011 8:29 pm
Posts: 3002
Redwolf wrote:
Does anyone have an answer to the electric shower question I asked earlier? I'm starting the article off with an anecdote that isn't relevant if they're not commonly used in Ireland outside of tourist accommodations.

Redwolf


I can only speak for myself. I don't know how common they are. I'd guess very common for any new showers added.
I have an electric power shower, installed about ten years ago, but it doesn't heat the water -that comes from the cylinder.


My washing machine and clothes dryer are separate machines too. Both combined ones and separate ones are widely available.

_________________
___________________________________________________________

It is recommended that you always wait for three to agree on a translation.
I speak Connemara Irish, and my input will often reflect that.
I will do an mp3 file on request for short translations.

___________________________________________________________


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri 29 Mar 2013 5:09 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun 28 Aug 2011 8:44 pm
Posts: 3512
Location: Santa Cruz Mountains, California, USA
Bríd Mhór wrote:
Redwolf wrote:
Does anyone have an answer to the electric shower question I asked earlier? I'm starting the article off with an anecdote that isn't relevant if they're not commonly used in Ireland outside of tourist accommodations.

Redwolf


I can only speak for myself. I don't know how common they are. I'd guess very common for any new showers added.
I have an electric power shower, installed about ten years ago, but it doesn't heat the water -that comes from the cylinder.


My washing machine and clothes dryer are separate machines too. Both combined ones and separate ones are widely available.


Thanks! It really was funny, because I'd never encountered one (they're somewhat more common here than they used to be, but still relatively rare). My first night in Ireland, after everyone else had gone to bed, I decided to take a shower because I felt grungy from traveling...but I couldn't figure out how to get hot water to come out of the shower head! I took tub baths for a couple of days before it dawned on me that no one else seemed concerned about the cold water coming out of the shower, so I finally broke down and asked for help. :darklaugh:


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 42 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

All times are UTC


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], Google [Bot] and 632 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group